mercoledì 18 luglio 2018

Fender Mustang (the old ones) vs Mustang GT (the new ones)

I've been thinking about "upgrade" since ever the new mustang line appeared.

2 things really held me back:

1) i spent really few time playing so it was not a wise money investment

2) i should have worked out all my presets in to the new amp

On the other side i am really happy with my actual preset, they sound as i like, and, afterall, if you are happy with the result there is no real reason to change.

But there is more. Or , if you like me to say so, i found more about this.

Dont get me wrong. I think that the GT is a very good tool, but maybe is not the tool for me...

1) the direction of the new amp is obvious: this is more like a studio amp, less like a practice/performance amp. Just look at the speakers. Many people are unhappy with the GT speakers. Maybe they expect something different to what the amp was designed for.

2) 40w is too much for me, i am ok with my actual amp power, if things where different i would have bought a mustang 3

3) the old footswitch configuration of the GT is a step back the one in the III IV V

And since footswitch limit in the MI is my only concern i decide to try to find a different solution.

I'll be back with another post!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento