martedì 4 agosto 2020

New Slash Tone Preset - Guns and Roses Era

I was revisiting my preset list to make room for a new one (post coming soon) and i found myself reworking the old Slash preset.

As i gain experience i found myself wanting different thing. And it is ok.

The original preset

http://ridingthemustang.blogspot.com/2013/08/slash-preset-appetite-for-destruction.html

was done with the intro from Sweet child o'mine in mind. I was searching for that attack and that gain and tone.

I was happy with the job but i find myself wanting something that is a bit more flexible so i set to less gain and less highs and some more bass. Obviously this has been done in the overdrive stomp.

Here is a screen of the thing:


This allows me to move better in the territory of the Marshall/JCM tone by using the volume knob. It works nicely also without the overdrive stomp but if you have read this


You will know that i like better the tone from layered overdrives. An interesting note is that the British 80 model is based on the JCM800 and this amp has a clipping stage to add gain to  the gain channell. In fact i think that the JCM800 was the first Marshall to use this "trick". So it is like this preset is using at least 3 stage of gain: the stomp, the brit pre and a clipping stage that i guess is reproduced by the Fender modeling.

Enjoy!

1 commento:

  1. Just thought I'd say a BIG THANK YOU for sharing your Slash preset for the Mustang amp. I have a Fender Mustang I v2, and I've experimented with so many settings online and always thought some sounded good... until I came across yours. In fact, I got bored with some of the tones after awhile, and hung up the guitar for a bit. Then one day I was doing some research online, came across your recommended settings, and I've fallen in love with the guitar and the beautiful tone all over again. This is just superb. :) I will do more of a read-up on the JCM800. Thanks again for sharing bro. Stay safe.

    RispondiElimina