sabato 4 luglio 2020

Petrucci Allround preset AKA Ultimate dual channel solution

As you may know i am struggling finding a solution to for the limited stomp preset chaning offered by my beloved mustang I v1.

My comfort zone would be the ability to have the classic 3 channel solution at my feets:

1) clean

2) crunch rythm

3) lead

But i can have only 2 of the 3 and this has alway got me mad...

I recently found a solution that consists in using a pedal platform oriented clean (i discovered that my sparkilng cleans preset are really bad as platform!) that can handle a decent MB emulation from the Zoom Multistomp to use for the crunch rythm and the other state of the footswith is set to the lead tone.

It is a compromise: the crunch is only decent, as i state, and the clean is not the wonder.

So today inspiration leads me to something different:


Introducing MB CRUNCH 1 DC MORE aka PETRUCCI ALLROUND PRESET.

After i found a very good tone to perform Damage Control (see the DC in the name) i decided to try to find a sweet spot between the gain i need for the rythm and the gain i need for the sole (that is obvously MORE!!!). Again is a compromise: it is a bit less tight and clear and  a bit less headroom in the rythm and a bit less gainy for the solo. But just a bit. And has no 450ms delay when you are soloing. I could use the classic trick of the pitch shifter for the shot delay and the proper delay for the longer one but i would have ruined the tightness of the preset and render it unuseful for the rythm section. It is a compromise, but is a really comfortable compromise. And, oddly, it works on an LT25 or LT50.
(oh! and i recentrly discovered that all my preset are also available to download in the fender library for the new GT and GTX models! So plenty of compatibility!)

And it only works very well on my JP70, but i guess that with some tweaks it will work better also on the SZ, but not in the same patch!

I most admit that i am pretty excited about this preset!


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento