sabato 28 marzo 2020

Marshall Britsh Lead Tone

Recently i've seen this Tom Quayle video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BRU7Hd_3dI

and some more in the past months. It uses a Solo tone that is sorta of a British High Gain Lead Mid pushed solo.

Many other instrumental guitar player uses similar tones. Marco Sfogli comes to mind.

So i decided to make my try with my trusty Fender Mustang I.

This is my take:


First thing first i maxed out both the Gain in the Amp and the Fender Overdrive Stomp. All tones on the amp are up but the trebles that are 9 out of 10 and also the presence is backed up to 3. I wanted to be rounded and not to aggressive in the high frequencies.

The result is a good tone for solo and hard rock. In the video Tom control the gain with the volume knob of the guitar. I think i used to much gain here so you wont do that!

FX are my standard settings, all packed for a classic solo ambience.

Enjoy!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento