mercoledì 21 novembre 2018

My new love for the zoom MS50g

Now that i have spent again some time with my multistomp, using it the right way and as a stomp i am really digging it.

I am not saying that its models are perfect but they have enough "flavor" and are usable.

First of all i really like the sensitivity of the autowah. Far better than the donner. Does not need to be fine tweaked. Cannot say a lot about the tone since i am not a wah wah expert.

Then the point on the whole overdrive section is the unity gain. You HAVE to set it right. 50 is far to high on a lot of models.It distors the highs
I already knew that the MetalZone was good for me. But i discovered that also MB Throttle is a nice toy. It is not identical to the tone of my Mustang but is very usable. I think that the main differences are that i scooped the mids on the Zoom and the Mustang has a TSish Overdrive. But it is ok because i like to have same different flavro at hand. The good thing is that i can use the Zoom in place of my Boggie channel in the amp and use the amp channell for a something else like mild bassman drive.

I also found a way to make the RedCrunch sound similar to the Plexion for the setting that i use for high gain and marshall.

I still find the plexion better but is good to know that i have a backup options or that i can move some of my mine tones all with the Zoom.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento